Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Book 23: The Strange Case of Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde

I needed an easy kill to start boosting my numbers and this well known Gothic tale registered a less than 24 hour doable 92 pages as freebie on Kindle.  It's very different that what I've come to expect based on the movies, though part of that is because it is so short and really only touches on some of the more unseemly characteristics.  I can see this as a great parable in its day and it still is quite enjoyable.  I actually enjoyed it's somewhat dated Gothic style and was relieved to be relieved of the sordid details.  Still, I would have liked a bit more of a payoff on some elements.  So, overall, excellent (and gratefully short) though don't expect a Stephen King tale as it's much more at the edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment